✦ Calling all Laksa Lovers! Try this beautiful recipe and celebrate the Laksa Festival in Darwin!
This may astonish you, but the largest and oldest annual Laksa Festival takes place right here in Australia, in Darwin! This year, the Darwin International Laksa Festival will be held from 31 October to 27 November 2022. Don't miss out on it!
To rev up the excitement, we have a beautiful Laksa recipe, courtesy of My Blue Tea for you to try!
100ml Cooking Oil
5 pcs Lemongrass (smashed)
1 tspn Bunta Kantan (Torch Ginger)
1 tspn Kaffir Lime Leaf Powder
1 tspn Pandan Powder (Optional) (Note : Pandan is used in savoury curry in many Sri Lankan food and there is also a Pandan Laksa instant noodles available in Malaysia).
Ingredients B (for gravy):
1L Water (for gravy)
12 pcs Tofu pok (cut into half)
1 cube Chicken stock or 1 cube Anchovy stock
1/2 tspn Belacan / Shrimp paste (optional)
Ingredient (C) (Mix and set aside):
75g Dehydrated Coconut Mix (DCM)
30 pcs Fish balls
2 pcs Fish cake (cut into slices)
2 pcs Chicken thighs (cut into bite sizes)
500 g Spaghetti/Noodles
500 g Bean sprouts
5 nos Kasturi limes / Calamansi Limes (or lemons)
100 g Chinese parsley (chopped)
100 g Fried onions
3 nos Red chillies (sliced) or Sambal Tumis
5 nos Hard boiled egg
* mud crabs
1. Boil spaghetti or noodles of your choice in water until cooked. Rinse with cold water. Strain dry and toss with cooking oil. Or soften noodles of your choice in hot water and strain.
2. Mix all Ingredients (A) well in a wok/pot. Cook until oil rises and fragrant.
3. Add Ingredients (B). Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add Ingredient (C), fish balls and fish cake. Bring to a boil.
5. Put the noodles into a bowl, top with garnishing and pour the gravy over.
6. Add a dollop of cooked Sambal Tumis - heaven!
Enjoy your Laksa treat! See you at the Darwin International Laksa Festival!
Advertise with Brilliant-Online
✦ Brilliant-Online is the only publication that offers a single interactive multichannel advertising package.
✦ The purpose of Brilliant-Online is to push for a better world in the digital era.
✦ Brilliant-Online is an empowering read for progressive individuals and dynamic businesses.
✦ For all enquiries about advertising with Brilliant-Online, please contact us here.